This is exactly how I do Pilates. This little kitty knows me. 😆
How are you all doing today?
I'm feeling pretty good! Yesterday started off pretty crappily, I won't lie to you. With the really bad weather, my hubby ended up in the ditch on his way to work. Scared the heck outta me, but he's ok. Thank God. The weather here was a mesh of freezing rain, ice, snow melt, rain, and then flash freezing. Just an absolute mess.
But! After all that, hubby and I got to see snowy owls! So all's well that ends well, right? haha
How are you all doing, Fellow Blenders? How's your day going so far?
And what about some workouts happenin today? Are you working out, or are you resting?
I'm gonna get my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with Day 2 of our Kettlebell Challenge, which is Kelli's newest Pilates video! I've only done it once so far, so I'm excited to do it again!
And what about some good food for today?
I'm thinking chicken fajita rice! Sounds so good, I wish I had some right now. haha
What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?
Alright guys, below here, I'm creating the check-in for our Kettlebell Challenge! So keep reading if you'd like to, or feel free to scroll past it!
KETTLEBELL CHALLENGE DAY 2
Welcome to Day 2!
How are you all feeling after Day 1's workouts? A bit sore? Because I totally am! Like, whoa! Mostly in my lower body. I kinda expected to feel it more in my upper body for some reason? But that is not the case! haha
Nevertheless, that was a great workout yesterday!
I really enjoy kettlebell workouts because they get your heart rate up, and you sweat like you're doing HIIT, but without the impact. It's awesome!
But today's Pilates workout will be a nice break in between the next kettlebell routine tomorrow!
So we've got Kelli's newest Pilates workout for our Day 2. Here's the link to the video:
I hope you all enjoy it today!
And if you're too sore after yesterday's workouts, and even Pilates sounds like too much, please rest! Don't push through it! Do some light stretching, take a rest day, and then re-join the Challenge whenever you feel ready!
Ok, so, I'm gonna re-post these reminders all throughout the week-- so feel free to re-read them if you'd like, or scroll past to the end. But I think it helps those who are new and wonderin what's going on here in the FB Community!
(If you're wondering what this is about, it's a 5 Day Community Challenge with a focus on Kettlebell Workouts. This is something fun we all do together to stay motivated, and have a sort of online-worldwide group workout! It's totally fun, so feel free to join in if you'd like!)
There's a few things I'd like to remind of during this challenge, just to be safe:
1. You do not need kettlebells to participate! Dumbbells, other weighted objects, or just bodyweight are fine!
2. These workouts are often a level 4-5, and total body focused. So they are 3 alternating days of kettlebell workouts interspersed with some lower intensity workouts. 5 days straight of kettlebells would be too much. So remember, these are intense workouts. If you are ever feeling overwhelmed, please feel free to sub in a workout that will work better for you. This Challenge is very free-flowing, and nothing is written in stone.
3. Prepare to be sore. If you are not used to kettlebell workouts, you will probably experience new muscle soreness that you're not used to. That's ok. HOWEVER, if you are too sore for the next day's workout, please don't push through it! Take an extra rest day, do some stretching, and jump back in whenever you're ready to. This Challenge can easily last more than 5 days, and it still totally counts!
4. Kettlebell movements are dynamic, so when in doubt, go lighter with your weights--or even just use bodyweight. Since they are different motions, please be careful! Make sure you are using proper form at all times, and do not do a move if you are not comfortable with it. While it's important to challenge yourself, it's more important that you workout safely.
5. Have fun with this! Remember, you can join in however, and whenever you'd like to! If this week doesn't work for you, but you still wanna join in, then please do it whenever you'd like! The more the merrier, so do whatever works for you! This also includes swapping out workouts if you want, or taking extra rest days. This is meant to be a fun way to workout together and stay motivated!
6. When it's all said and done, I think it'd be cool to celebrate here in the FB Community with your posts of #KettlebellChallengeComplete! Feel free to submit a photo if you'd like (could be of an arm flex, a sweaty shirt, a thumbs up, your Workout Complete screen, or whatever), or just a text post describing your accomplishments! It's just a fun way to celebrate together!
And if you have any questions, or need some advice, or just wanna talk, please speak up! We're here to help each other out!
Ok, now I hope you're all ready for today's workout!
(And if you'd like to see the full week's worth of workouts, here's the link to my original post in the creation of this challenge. The winning option that we're doing is Option #2. So all you gotta do is scroll down into the comments section below the post, and you'll see the list of workouts there!
Hopefully that clears a few things up for you!
Well Blenders, I think that's enough from me today! I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!
Now go out there, and get those hard-earned #WorkoutCompletes! (Unless it's a rest day for you, in which case, you rock that hard-earned #RestDayComplete!)