Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Mass/Strong with FB Sweat?

Hi FB Community,

I‘m working out with FB since August 2018 and I‘m loving it! So thank you, Kelli and Daniel, but also thanks a lot to this nice and encouraging community (following the discussions quite a lot, but never dared to participate).

When I started working out, it was mainly because I got very frustrated with myself, didn’t feel fit or strong and found myself very „wobbly“ when I looked into the mirror. I began with some short Yoga Workouts from Youtube (not FB) because I have a really challenging and time consuming job (at the hospital) and most of the time I don’t want to leave the house before or after work to do sports. I bought some nice outfits and a mat and learned to be consistent at home, which was a big first step. Saw some minor changes. Then someone in the comments of a video recommended Fitnessblender and I tried a few of the short HIIT videos ... I was so out of breath and sweaty after (barely) finishing them, but I liked the format, Kelli, Daniel and the feeling afterwards so much more than the workouts I did before. So after a few weeks I bought Dumbells and FB 30 round 1 and started with a lot of motivation. I think it was a little bit too much at the beginning, because I caught two severe colds in the middle of the program, but I finished it in 10 weeks and was very proud of myself. Got a little bit more muscle, didn’t lose much weight.

Afterwards I did Abs2 and fell in love with weight lifting, so finished FB Strong right before Christmas.

Because I wanted to keep up my consistency I‘m now on week 5 of FB 30 round 3 (I thought 8 weeks are a better commitment) - and I really love it!

Although I enjoyed the other programs a lot, I realized I missed the Cardio part during FB Strong - I can’t believe it myself, because I‘m red as a tomato and very tired after HIIT. But I guess I‘m getting better and I think it’s easier for me to lose the last 4kg, that I’m making responsible for the fat on my belly, arms and behind. Working also on my caloric deficit, which is the biggest challenge of all - eating is such a wonderful thing... no problems eating „healthy“ but more with portion sizes and bread - how can anyone exist without bread or pasta??

So, after this long monologue comes my question to my fellow blenders. I read that a few of you combined different programs by switching between them weekly.

What do you think of combining FB Strong or Mass with FB Sweat (taking turns each week). Didn’t buy FB Sweat yet but read that it contained a lot of Cardio.

Another thought was doing FB Booty/Flex one week and FB Sweat the next week. I‘m unsure if it will be a little too much regarding the time per day.. or if six days a week is too much. Until now, my January was perfect but nothing big happened during this month, so I don’t know if I can keep up with it.

Or do you have any other ideas? Looking for a program, that is a little longer than FB 30 (I realized that most of the time I could add the extra credit this round of FB 30 when I had the time to work out at all) and I love to try out a new program - that motivates me a lot. On the other hand, having the choice of 30 vs 50mins in Sweat is also a plus, because sometimes life gets crazy :) I also hope that after a week of lifting I will crave more Cardio and the other way around.

Would love to hear your opinions!

Disclaimer: English is not my first language as you might have guessed, so sorry for my mistakes:)