C
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

My Knees Feel Strange

Hello. I am not new to exercise or FB, although it has only been for the last 1 or 2 months that I have been extremely consistent and following a workout schedule every day. However, this past week or so my knees have felt... strange?

I have never had a knee injury (although I have injured my back and right ankle), and I am relatively young at 27. I have never had knee problems.

My knees don't hurt necessarily but they feel strange. Sometimes I can feel my heartbeat in them. I have two theories as to the problem.

1. I am doing too many squats and lunges and over-working them.

2. I am bruising the knees by doing push-ups on my knees. Yesterday I did a particularly heavy push-up routine video. Whenever I do push-ups on my knees, my knees feel strange. Maybe I have done that too much recently. Push-ups are my worst exercise (burpees are easier), so I often do them on my knees.

I wondering if this is a signal that my knees need a break or not. I don't want to stop exercising every day. I really enjoy it and it has been great for my mental health. I am following a FB official schedule (the 8 week), so I am not doing 5 star workouts every day. But I don't want to injure my knees. What do you think? Has this ever happened to you?