C
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

10 days left of Reach + plus a little question/problem.

Hello FB fam!

Sorry I haven’t checked in lately! It’s been a busy January, but I just wanted to check in and tell y’all that we’ve been keeping up with our program and we only have 10 days left!🙌🏻 I’ve kinda had to be an evening exerciser with this program since it’s the main time my mom, older sister and I can do it together. It’s actually really neat getting to look at the stars while doing bridges!😄 One of the days when we were doing the cool down, I said the full body stretch was next and my mom told me that that one is her favorite stretch. I was happy to learn of an exercise she liked!😀

I was a little worried at first that they would get bored, but I really wanted to have them start off with working on their core, flexibility; that mind-muscle connection that you can learn from Pilates, etc. I think my mom’s liked it pretty well thus far, but my older sisters been kinda bored. Today my mom said that she’s ready for some more movement, sweat, work, etc. I’m honestly missing my strength and hiit too, but I have been enjoying Reach. I think I’ve really been getting better at connecting my mind to the movements, and I’ve actually been sore from some of the routines. I think it’s a great program, but I think they don’t really know how how to do that (mind-muscle connection) and so they aren’t really feeling it on things like imprints, toe taps; some upper bodyweight exercises, etc. I feel like I’m the only one being able to get a workout out of it, and they are sometimes confused or not feeling anything. They aren’t super unhealthy or out of shape people it’s just that they don’t regularly workout; so I wanted to try and help them strengthen the foundational things, which I guess I have a better concept of what to do and they’re not really feeling it/understanding it yet. I had to learn how to work against myself and have that mind-muscle connection and it took me a little while, so I’m sure they’ll get the hang it.

Soooo! I thought we could start low impact and just add these final days to that program. Do y’all think that would be ok?

Also, I wanted to share my scenic photo with y’all... like a month later -lol! This is from a couple years ago when we went to a place here in Texas called Mckittrick Canyon. It’s in the Guadalupe National Park, And was really beautiful in there. The air was so fresh and clean, and the scenery was really pretty. I just wanted to share with y’all!

Anyway. I hope y’all have had a great start to the year, and are having a blessed day! Talk to ya later!

#FBfamily💙