Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, January 18th

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday for some of you)!

I thought I'd share a pic of the eggs I've been getting from my chickens lately--caz I think they're kinda cool. The blue ones are all from Christina Aguilera this week, but the one that I'm most surprised about is the speckled one in the center. I'm not supposed to have a speckled egg layer in my mix, but obviously somebody's got the genetics for it! haha

Anyway, I just thought it was neat, and that I'd share some eggs with you today (Lord knows I got enough eggs to share lol).

Anywho, how are you all doing today? Are you feeling good? Excited for the weekend?

It's already starting to get colder here, and my joints are aching like mad. So I'm both looking forward to having the weekend off, but also not looking forward to the bitter cold. It is what it is.

What about some good workouts today, Fellow Blenders? Are you working out, or are you resting?

I'm not sure what I'll do yet. With everything kinda acting up, I might take a rest day, or I might try an upper body strength training video. It depends on how I feel later.

And what about some good food going on today?

I think I'll have eggs haha.

What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?

And don't forget, if you're checking with Erse on her Healthy Eating Challenge, here's the link to her Day 5 post:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/10373/healthy-eating-challenge-day-5

So head on over there and see what's happening with Erse today!

And now, let's get to our Fitness Friday question!

I kinda want to piggy-back onto Erse's Healthy Eating Challenge, and there seems to be a lot of nutrition talk this week--so why not make it part of our Fitness Friday discussions!

So, maybe you guys have seen multiple articles or videos or whatever of maybe celebrities or random fitness gurus sharing "What I Eat in a Day." And I thought, how cool would it be to have a Fitness Blender version of that? Where all the Blender's share what a typical day of eating looks like for you?

The idea behind this is to show that healthy eating encompasses a vast range of things, and looks different all over the world. I'd like for people to see that healthy eating does NOT equal restrictive eating!

So I thought we could highlight this by sharing our Fitness Blender versions of "What I Eat in a Day."

For me, I often don't eat breakfast until between 11 AM and 1 PM. I'm just not hungry before then. But, I do have a cup of coffee with almond milk, and start drinking water right away in the morning. Then when I get hungry, I have my smoothie. I make with frozen blueberries, a banana, almonds, Greek yogurt, flax meal, spinach, and season it with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. And then have another cup of coffee with almond milk with my smoothie. This fills me up for quite awhile, and I often don't eat again until mid-afternoon.

So I get my workout in, then immediately eat an apple and natural peanut butter (crunchy peanut butter--it's gotta be crunchy.)

By then it's time to get dinner started, and I try to make something with a good protein, lots of veggies, and some kind of carb. So for tonight, we might do scrambled eggs burritos. So we take tortillas, fill them with eggs, beans, tomatoes, avocado, spinach, olives, green onions, and top them with salsa. Sometimes I like to make roasted broccoli on the side for something like this.

And then I gotta have a post-dinner, before bed snack. I'm not one of those people who can go without eating several hours before going to sleep, or I will wake up in the middle of the night starving lol. So I like things that are easy on the stomach like toast, or maybe a bowl of Cheerios in almond milk.

And other than my two cups of coffee with almond milk earlier in the day, I pretty much only drink water throughout the day. Tons and tons of water.

Some days this varies though, and I'll eat more post-workout; so alongside an apple and peanut butter, I might eat a few hard boiled eggs or a tuna sandwich or maybe leftovers from last nights dinner. (I often eat like two dinners. Or dinner and supper. Hobbit-style. haha)

So that's pretty much what my "What I Eat in a Day" looks like. The thing varies most from day to day is what we have for dinner. Other than that, I almost eat the same thing every day.

So Fellow Blenders, what does your "What I Eat in a Day" look like?

Again, please take this only as a way to view healthy eating in a broader concept--not as "I should be eating this way" or "I shouldn't be eating that." This is meant to show how different healthy eating looks for each individual--so please feel free to share! I'd love to hear your responses!

And with that, I'll let you guys get to it!

Thanks so much for checking in with me today, and I hope you all have a great day! Go out there and kick some butt today, Blenders!

Edited