Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, January 11th

With all the snow we've been getting, I figured it was high time that Furry Trainers started getting jobs. So if you are in the market for snow removal, here's two great candidates for the job! Furry Trainer #1 will gladly dig the snow up for you, and will take payment in the form of peanut butter sandwiches. While Furry Trainer #2, will clumsily carry the shovel around, and accept payment in the form of Banana Taxes. Thank you.

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday for some of you)!

How are you all doing today? Are you excited for the weekend?

Got any fun plans?

It's just gonna be a quiet weekend at home here!

And what about some workouts goin on today? Are you working out or are you resting?

I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with Day 5 of our Challenge! Here's the link to today's video:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/day-5-hiit-cardio-butt-and-thigh-workout-5-day-workout-challenge-to-burn-fat-and-build-lean-muscle

And I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sore in my upper body from Day 4. I think I really got into those punches a bit. haha

If you're wondering what this Challenge is about, it's the FB Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle 5 Day Challenge! There's a few of us Blenders who are doing this Challenge together if you would like to join in!

And you'll find the link to the rest of the videos for the week in the description below the video on Day 5. Feel free to still jump in and join us, and we'll all work up a sweat together! And remember to take these workouts at your own pace, modify if you need to, and take more rest breaks if you need to--this is meant to a be fun challenge, so make sure to workout safely!

And once we finish Day 5's workout today(ish), feel free to post about it! You can share a picture of an arm flex, thumbs up, or even your "Workout Complete" screen if you'd like! You can title your post #5DayChallengeComplete, and we'll all celebrate together! So join in, if you'd like to!

Thank you so much for everyone who has done this Challenge with me! I've enjoyed it so much, and you guys totally kick butt with these workouts! Good luck to you all today, and a huge congrats on finishing this 5 Day Challenge! You guys rock!

Alright, let's talk real quick about some good food goin on today! What's on the menu for today, Fellow Blenders?

I'm not really sure yet. Maybe pasta? Maybe pizza? Maybe baked sweet potatoes topped with eggs? All of these sound good to me, so I'll let hubby make the final decision! lol

And now, let's get onto our Fitness Friday question!

It's not a new thing to hear that exercising is beneficial to our mental health as well as our physical health. (I know I've asked very similar questions in the past, but I feel like it's never a bad idea to take stock of our mental health.)

So I'd like to ask you all about the benefits of exercise on mental health--have you experienced these benefits for yourself?

Do just feel overall happier? Maybe depression and anxiety are something that is better managed? Maybe it's changed your mentality from seeing things as "I can't do that" to "I'll give it my best shot"? Maybe it's helped your mental fortitude and you just feel mentally stronger? Or maybe it's something else entirely?

I feel like exercise has done almost all those things for me. It keeps anxiety in check, it vastly improves my mood (like that kickboxing did yesterday! haha), I feel like I'm more capable of doing things, and I'd to think it's made my brain stronger (as weird as that sounds). I struggle with some issues caused by head injuries, and I really feel that working out plays a huge role in why those issues haven't grown much worse.

I also think that another huge benefit to working out specifically with Fitness Blender, is that they have so many different workout styles/types/training methods that you are often on our your toes about what's coming up next. And I really like that. It teaches you to give your full attention to the workout, to think quickly, to react quickly. FB's workouts actually get your brain involved in the workouts too (which I also think makes them more enjoyable too).

So what about you guys? How does exercising make you feel mentally? What benefits have you noticed? Maybe something unexpected? Maybe it's also given you better overall acceptance of your body and just how much you are capable of?

I'd to love to hear your feedback, Fellow Blenders! I look forward to your responses (as always, because you guys are extremely insightful and thoughtful in your answers)!

And with that, I'll quit rambling!

I hope you all have a lovely day today, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Happy Exercising, and remember, you're only one workout away from a good mood today!

Edited