A
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Not disturbing the neighbours...

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out how to work out at home over winter. I live in an apartment with annoyingly thin walls/floor, and I have downstairs neighbours. That means that lots of jumping around is very noisy and makes me very self-conscious about the disruption (not to mention having everything on the shelves wobble around as you jog makes it feel like you weigh about ten tonnes -not a great feeling! ;p)

But when I look up low-impact, it looks like the low impact is usually the less intense/easier version. That is NOT what I need!! I'm not injured, I'm at least semi-fit; "lite" workouts will not help me improve. In fact they just make me feel bad for "cheating", since the only reason I'm looking for low-impact is noise, not my current fitness levels!

Is there even such thing as a full-on, cardio included workout that I can actually do at home under the circumstances? Or am I stuck with having to take it easier than I really want, or just quietly strength training until I can get outside again?

I'm feeling very overwhelmed trying to sort through all the workouts out there, so I really appreciate any advice you have. :)