Content Creator Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
|Role||Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Content Creator)|
|Team Lead||Content Lead|
About Fitness Blender
Over the past decade, we have become one of the most popular and trusted online fitness resources by helping people live better, happier, and healthier lives. We steer clear of gimmicks and fitness for aesthetics’ sake, instead focusing on research-backed functional fitness techniques, positive body image, and balancing body, mind, and nutritional wellness. We are working to expand the depth and diversity of the content we offer by including high-quality, reliable health and fitness content from experts in related fields. It is not just about doing more, however. We believe our team deserves to be happy and healthy too, so even though we work quickly and with high attention to detail, we do it in a positive, lighthearted, and low-stress virtual workplace, based on respect and trust.
Your love for helping people understand nutrition and its effect on overall health and wellness led you to a career as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). Your holistic approach to nutrition, understanding of a wide range of dietary conditions and people’s individual needs and goals, and in-depth knowledge of the information, tools, and strategies to build healthy eating habits gives you the ability to showcase accessible techniques for a broad spectrum of individuals. Your holistic approach to nutrition is professional, motivational, and encouraging—without being overly-complex or intimidating. Like us, you want to reach as many people as possible to help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
Scope of Role
As an RDN content creator for Fitness Blender, you will use your skill set, experience, and education to create easy-to-understand nutrition and healthy eating content for a global audience. Your primary focus will be two-fold: 1) to develop high-quality, healthy, tasty, recipe-based meal plans from scratch, and 2) to write professional, yet accessible articles on a variety of topics related to holistic nutrition and intuitive eating. You will be asked to build off of Fitness Blender’s calendar-based Meal Plan, Healthy Recipes, and Expert Articles on Nutrition, and working with other content creators, such as Recipe Developers, Mental Health Professionals, Certified Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, etc. to develop high-quality collaborative content.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop high-quality, healthy, tasty meal plans that cover a range of dietary needs/preferences, and are accessible and easy-to-use
- Work with Recipe Developers, who will provide ingredient lists with imperial and metric units for each recipe, to provide and/or verify macros for recipes
- Write professional articles on a variety of topics related to nutrition and its relation to overall quality of life
- Interact with community members regarding your content, answering questions and giving general advice on specific topics
- Coordinate with the content team on content topics and production schedule
- Work with other Fitness Blender content creators to add expert review and guidance to online content, bringing information on nutrition to bear
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and hold current state licensure
- Have 4 or more years of recent experience as a licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN, LDN)
- US based and legally authorized to work in the United States
- Available, reliable high-speed internet connection for transferring files and participating in video and text communication