Content Creator Professional Recipe Developer
|Role||Professional Recipe Developer (Content Creator)|
|Team Lead||Content Lead|
About Fitness Blender
Over the past decade, we have become one of the most popular and trusted online fitness resources by helping people live better, happier, and healthier lives. We steer clear of gimmicks and fitness for aesthetics’ sake, instead focusing on research-backed functional fitness techniques, positive body image, and balancing body, mind, and nutritional wellness. We are working to expand the depth and diversity of the content we offer by including high-quality, reliable health and fitness content from experts in related fields. It is not just about doing more, however. We believe our team deserves to be happy and healthy too, so even though we work quickly and with high attention to detail, we do it in a positive, lighthearted, and low-stress virtual workplace, based on respect and trust.
Your love for helping people understand how to prepare simple, healthy, accessible dishes led you to a career as a Professional Recipe Developer. Your holistic approach to recipe development, understanding of a wide range of dietary restrictions and reasonable substitutes and modifications, and people’s individual needs and goals, allow you to provide recipes that can be used and enjoyed by a broad spectrum of individuals (globally!). Your approach to recipe development is professional, approachable, and encouraging—without being overly-complex or intimidating. Like us, you want to reach as many people as possible to help them achieve their health and wellness goals, and know that good food and nutrition play an important role.
Scope of Role
As a Professional Recipe Developer/content creator for Fitness Blender, you will use your skill set, experience, and education to create easy-to-understand, easy-to-use healthy recipe content for a global audience. Your primary focus will be to write professional, yet accessible healthy, whole food recipes, using a wide range of cuisines, meal types, and offering modifications to fit specific dietary preferences and/or restrictions. Take professional-level photographs of the food in your recipes and submit to our design team. You won’t be alone, however, as you will be expected to work with Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs/LDNs) who also work for Fitness Blender on the development of Meal Plans and nutrition articles. Ultimately, the individual recipes you create, in collaboration with the RDNs/LDNs, will be used in meal planning and for full Meal Plans, such as our calendar-based Meal Plan already available on our website.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Write professional, yet accessible, healthy recipes that focus on delicious, nutritionally-dense, whole foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert, and/or ingredients (e.g., spice mixes, sauces, toppings, etc.)
- Provide visually-appealing, high-resolution photo(s) of each recipe in raw format, ready for editing by our design staff
- Coordinate with RDNs/LDNs on the inclusion of these recipes in full Meal Plans, which cover a wide variety of dietary preferences
- Provide ingredient lists with imperial and metric units; work with RDNs/LDNs who will provide macros for recipes
- Interact with community members regarding your content, answering questions and giving general advice on specific topics
- Coordinate with the content team on recipe planning, review, photography, and ultimately publication
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field, a culinary degree, or have relevant work experience
- Have 2 or more years of recent experience as a recipe developer and professional facility in food photography
- US based and legally authorized to work in the United States
- Available, reliable high-speed internet connection for transferring files and participating in video and text communication