Don’t feel like going to the gym? With these free fat burning workout videos, you don’t even need a gym membership – or even any equipment, for that matter.
The best workouts are always going to be those that consist of moves that engage multiple large muscle groups. You can easily take a simple, conventional toning move and turn it into something more efficient that gives you the most bang for your buck for every moment that you spend on your workout. While it takes a lot of different kinds of training to reach well rounded fitness (strength training, cardio, stretching, etc) total body strength training and HIIT (high intensity interval training) are best for burning off body fat quickly. Apply this concept to the exercises that make up your routines and they become dynamic, fat burning workouts. Here are the best examples of workout videos that put this principle to work.
Best Fat Burning Workout Videos
HIIT - High intensity interval training workouts use short bursts of very intense activity to bump up your metabolism, burn fat, and even build lean muscle to some extent - many of these require no equipment at all. Examples:
- 45 Minute HIIT Cardio and Abs Workout - Insane At Home Fat Burner - Interval Cardio Training and Core
- Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout Round 2 - Advanced Workout to Push Your Limits
- Butt and Abs Tabata Workout - Fat Blasting Cardio Interval Workout
Total Body Strength Training - Lift heavily enough to challenge yourself and you will raise your metabolism around the clock, making it easier to stay lean. Examples:
- Kelli's Superset Total Body Strength Workout: Calorie Torching, Muscle Building, Fat Burning Workout
- Non-Stop Endurance Kettlebell Workout - 33 Minute Total Body Kettlebell Routine
- Total Body Boot Camp Workout for Lean Muscles - Work for What You Want
HIIT and Strength Training Combined - HIIT and strength combinations to make for quick fitness gains and very sore muscles (in the best way possible). Examples:
- 35 Minute Total Body Toning Strength and HIIT Cardio Workout - You vs You
- Build a Booty Workout - 27 Minute Butt and Thigh Workout for a Round Lifted Butt & Great Legs
- Upper Body Superset Workout with Fat Burning Cardio Intervals - Arm, Chest, Back & Shoulder Workout
Fitness Blender 1000 Calorie Workout Videos - A Fitness Blender Signature workout video; brutal workout videos that burn 1000 calories - for advanced exercisers only. Examples:
- 1000 Calorie Workout Video – Fitness Blender’s 84 Minute HIIT Cardio, Strength, & Abs
- 1000 Calorie Workout Video: 94 Minute Insane Bodyweight Workout Challenge - Attempt at Your Own Risk
- 1000 Calorie Workout Video: HIIT, Strength Training, Abs and Obliques Workout to Burn 1000 Calories
For example, consider the bicep curl. It is an extremely effective basic strength training or toning movement, however, 3 sets of them is not exactly going to crank up your calorie burning furnace or cancel out that cheeseburger and microbrew you had for dinner last night. Instead of isolating just the bicep, you could combine the move with a lunge to significantly boost the caloric burn, and simultaneously tone your lower body. Here are some of the best bodyweight-only exercises that use multiple muscle groups:
Top 10 Best Fat Burning Exercises
1 Burpees - This at home cardio move tones your core, upper body and legs all at once- it’s a triple threat exercise that everyone tends to dread for good reason; they are hard! But they also work.
2 Jumping Lunges - Lunges are a fantastic thigh toning exercise; add in the momentum required to jump up in between lunges and the move turns into an incredible calorie burner.
3 Jackknife Crunches - Jackknife Crunches are an advanced abdominal move that engage both the upper and lower abs for maximal toning in the least amount of time. They are especially beneficial because lower abs can be hard to target without equipment.
4 Lunges with Reverse Leg Raise - This tones the glutes, thighs, obliques, and lower back, all while building coordination and balance.
5 Jumping Squats - Do this exercise for a minute or two straight and you wont have any doubts about how challenging it is. This plyometric is also great for building explosive speed.
6 Push Ups - Push ups are a total body exercise that are easily modified and can be made to be very challenging, even for the most avid exerciser. If a regular push up feels too easy for you, try the Single Leg Push Up.
7 Side Planks with Leg Raises - While this most specifically targets the outer thighs, obliques, and deltoids, it requires the strength and coordination of the entire body to hold up the base Pilates side plank.
8 Lateral Jumps - Tone your core, glutes, and thighs with this one simple Pilates move. Because all of the large muscle groups involved, you burn a high number of calories while you are toning.
9 Mountain Climbers - Mountain Climbers can feel like a punishment, but they truly are one of the best overall toning and fat burning moves out there that don't require a bit of equipment.
10 Jumping Jacks - This simple at home cardio essential is an excellent way to get your heart rate up quickly. Add it in between strength training sets to keep your caloric burn high.
Think we left your favorite at home exercise off the list? Tell us!