- Duration: 10 Minutes
- Calorie Burn: 70-130
- Difficulty: 4/5
- Equipment: Mat, No Equipment
- Training Type: Cardiovascular, Toning
You don't have to spend all day in the gym to be fit, and this workout is the perfect example of how you can utilize your own bodyweight in order to get in a fantastic and efficient workout done in your own home - no membership fees, no commute, no wasting time looking for a parking spot, and no waiting in line for gym machines that typically aren't all that functional in nature anyways.
In this routine we're putting you through a fun and sweaty combo of cardio moves weaved in with squats and lunges. It's going to have your lungs and your legs working, and it's excellent for burning off some extra calories, if you happen to be concerned with losing or maintaining weight. Beyond that, this is the kind of workout that allows you to climb flights of stairs without getting winded or feeling like you're having an asthma attack. Cardiovascular training like this not only improves the health of your heart and body, it also allows you to move more easily through life, with more energy to do the things you enjoy with the people you love. It's not all about the fat burning, the toned abs, or round lifted bum, but this workout will take care of those things for you, as well.
- Good for: Lifting butt, toning thighs, fat burning, improving cardiovascular endurance, functional core strength and toning, increasing the strength and power of the lower body muscles
- 30 Seconds On, 10 Seconds Rest, x 3 for each exercise
- 5 Different exercises
- No equipment
- Warm up and cool down not included; both are recommended
1 Squat Jump Combo - Do a regular squat, then a jump squat; repeat (make it more challenging by doing just jump squats through the entire 30 second interval!)
2 Lateral Jumps + Knees - Jump laterally; bring one knee up to your elbow, jump to the opposite side and repeat, bringing other knee to other elbow
3 Rocket Squats - Sink into a squat in counts of three, holding briefly at each level of squat, once you've reached the count of three and the lowest that you can squat, jump up forcefully for a jump squat. Prepare yourself, this will burn!
4 Flutterkicks - Lie flat on your back with legs extended, then kick legs back and forth; while one leg is close to the ground the other will be over your hip joint.
5 Curtsy Jump Lunges - Step back into a reverse lunge, focusing on plating your foot slightly behind your body. Lunge, then come back to the center and jump up as powerfully as you can before repeating on the opposite side of the body.
Make it easier: Take out the jumping motions to make it lower impact (i.e. a jump squat becomes a regular squat), take longer rests, move at your own pace.
Make it harder: Move faster, contract your muscles the entire time, hold onto weights or wear a weighted vest, do a higher impact exercise through your rest interval.
Other FB Favorites in 10 Minute Workouts:
- Fun 10 Minute Abs and Obliques Workout - Quick 10 Minute Abs Workout for A Toned Stomach
- Low Impact HIIT Cardio Workout - The 4 Best Low Impact Cardio Exercises for Fat Loss and Toning
- No Equipment Upper Body Workout for Great Arms, Shoulders and Upper Back
- Fast Paced High Intensity Workout - Descending Ladder of Pain
- Stress Busting Yoga Pilates Workout - Relaxing Stretch Workout for Flexibility
What did you think of this short workout? Were your leg muscles burning like crazy by the time you finished the intervals? Which interval did you find the most difficult? What other Fitness Blender workouts did you pair it with?