- Duration: 10 Minutes
- Calorie Burn: 70-130
- Difficulty: 3/5
- Equipment: Mat, No Equipment
- Training Type: Cardiovascular, Toning
We know that you guys like to piece together our shorter workout videos to make your own custom routines, which is why we think you'll love this quick but sweaty bodyweight cardio and core workout that comes in at right around 10 minutes.
You can pair this routine with almost literally any kind of training; it goes great with our upper or lower body strength training, and you can add it onto a HIIT session if you'd like to increase your overall calorie burn. You can even do this as a standalone; just make sure that you put at least a short warm up and cool down on each end in order to make sure that you're able to push yourself to the fullest extent, safely.
Put on some comfortable clothes, turn on some music that motivates you, and get moving! You wont need any equipment at all for this, which makes it especially easy to jump right into, no matter where you are.
- Good for: Fat burning, cardiovascular health, coordination, agility, functional core strength and toning, endurance
- 30 Seconds On, 10 Seconds Rest, x 3 for each exercise
- 5 Different exercises
- No equipment
- Warm up and cool down not included; both are recommended
1 Jumping Jack + High Kick
2 Plank Steps
3 Switchfoot Burpee
4 Russian Twist
5 Leg Drop Toe Touch
Is this HIIT? How often can I do this?
This is not quite high intensity interval training - not only does it not mimic the 20 on, 10 off timing, it's also not quite intense enough to fall into that category (for most people). This doesn't mean that the routine is without challenge or benefit, it's just a different training style. As long as the muscles you use in this video aren't sore the day after you complete this, you should be able to add this routine onto your regular regime 3-5 times a week (make sure to alternate in days of strength training for the upper and lower body for best results in body shaping, fat loss, and good health and body mechanics).
What muscles are used?
There aren't many muscles that aren't used during this workout! Glutes, thighs, abs, obliques, lower back, chest, shoulders, and arms are all engaged at some point throughout these dynamic exercises.
Other 10 minute Fitness Blender workout videos to combine with this one:
- 100 Rep Squat Challenge: Most Effective Squat Challenge to Lift & Shape the Butt & Thighs
- Fitness Blender's take on The Scientific 7 Minute Workout
- Killer at Home Chest Workout - Chest Strength Training Without Weights
- HIIT Quick & HIIT Hard - Tabata Style High Intensity Interval Training
- Abs and Obliques Workout - The 4 Best Abs and Obliques Exercises