- Length: 1 Week
- Dietary Type: Omnivore
- Meal Type: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Avg Recipe Time: 20 minutes
Welcome to Fitness Blender's Meals Under 30 Minutes: Meal Plan for Busy People! This is a 1-week program was developed by Registered Dietitians and Recipe Developers to provide a meal plan that is not only easy to use, nutrient-dense, and tailored to busy people, but is also as simple to follow as possible.
Our goal is to teach you how to plan your meals in the most healthy, enjoyable, and optimal way.
No matter what your goals are, this plan has been built so that it can easily be customized to meet your needs to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain your weight — and at the same time, build a foundation of healthy meals, eating practices, and ideas.
This guide is an overview of both the meal plan and a guide of nutrition and food science.
Included in this meal plan
- 7 days of meals and snacks scaled to your nutritional needs, calorie needs, and needed number of servings.
- A grocery list that corresponds to your unique meal plan. This will include all ingredients to the recipes and snacks incorporated in this meal plan.
- Educational resources, articles, and infographics to help you learn more about your own nutrition.
- Calendar capability: you can add this meal plan to your FB calendar so that each day you can check off meals and snacks and write notes and observations.
- Meal Plan User Guide with chapters on everything from proper hydration to the psychology of food, choosing the right workouts, to healthy grocery shopping.
- Recipes that are flavorful, healthy, and easy to make.
Our nutrition and food philosophy
- Eat real whole foods: Eat foods that are as close to their natural form and that have been processed or refined as little as possible and are free from additives or other artificial substances. Limit processed and packaged foods and instead focus on foods that are fresh and close to their original form in nature.
- Balanced nutrition and exercise: We believe in balance when it comes to nutrition and working out. You don't have to be perfect all of the time; you just need to learn to do your best most of the time. Aiming for perfection is a great way to sabotage yourself — make sure to practice self-compassion!
- Balanced nutrition: This meal plan operates under the principle of teaching you how to eat nutritionally, giving you insight on a balanced breakdown of carbohydrate, fat, and protein, as well as what portion sizes might look like when you are trying to reach or manage your bodyweight goals. Eating nutritionally is not separate from listening to what our bodies are telling us and growing an awareness of our bodies’ internal cues.
- Mindful eating: We have created this meal plan to not only be a nutritionally balanced program but also one that teaches you to become more aware of internal cues of hunger, fullness, and cravings.
- Keeping things simple and sustainable: There are a lot of different ideas out there when it comes to nutrition, but we think ours is one of the simplest and most sustainable.
Learning to eat well the rest of your life
Our goal is for you to learn how to eat well for the rest of your life — this is not a diet but a lifestyle. Let this meal plan serve as a general guideline and idea-generating tool for you to use.
Learn how to meet your nutritional needs with real food — not with meal replacement shakes, powders, or supplements, but real food.
This particular meal plan has been built in conjunction with registered dietitians, based largely off of the kinds of foods that we regularly include in our own personal diets. We believe in eating real, whole foods as often as possible, in order to create a diet that is nutrient-dense, filling, and fully capable of supporting an active lifestyle.
Reach your goals
Whether your goal is weight loss, weight gain, or weight maintenance, this program is going to make reaching your goals much easier. We have laid out everything you need to know in a clear, easy-to-follow format that lists exactly what to eat each day.
Whether you are brand new to the concept of healthy eating, or you feel like you are a veteran at making smart food choices, there is a lot to be gained from reading this guide and following this meal plan (after gaining express approval from your personal health care physician, of course).