Hashing....a fun way to run!

I finally managed my upper body workout that was still on my calendar from last Wednesday! As it was only 30 minutes, I did it this morning before I went out for a Hash....

A hash is a trail run, laid out by a few people with signs on the ground indicating which direction to follow. At various points there will be a misleading circle, which means the trail could go on in one of several directions. The better runners scout out the various routes and shout out which way to follow. We did a total of 9.7k, but obviously you are not running the whole time. Today’s hash had its halfway point in .... the sea. Not all of us went in, but I did, up to my butt. My shoes were already wet because of crossing a small stream, too wide to jump over, several times, so I thought “what the heck! I might as well join in the fun!” My shoes were waterlogged as well as ‘sandlogged’ after that.... then running a different, rather muddy way back, my shoes were fairly muddy on the outside with lots of sand on the inside. Oh well, that will dry out! Probably not in time for tomorrow’s Roamblender, but I can use other shoes for that. It was a fun way to do the run, especially as we were all dressed in Christmassy attire!

Edited