Basket Brigade: what a privilege to be part of that!!!

Today I took part in a Basket Brigade: together with a group of 50 people, we organised food (potatoes, carrots, sprouts etc) as well as “goodies” (mince pies, Christmas pudding, cream crackers etc) to be packed up into 225 hampers. When that was finished, these hampers were delivered to households struggling this Christmas with the message: “Merry Christmas, here is a gift from a friend”!

The organisation was started in the States and has spread to several countries. It was my first time, but certainly not my last time! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Delivering the hampers made me extra aware once more of how blessed I am to be able to celebrate Christmas without money problems or family worries!

I was supposed to do an upper body workout, but packing lots of bags, lining big boxes with plastic and carrying hampers up several floors feels like I earned my workout complete today! My FB workout complete will have to wait till tomorrow!!!

And.... as it was my turn to cook today, I booked a table at a local Indian restaurant..... yay!