physical pain, and learning that FB always has the answer!

It's been approximately 2 months since I've done more than stretch. I was sick for weeks, and then my back pain, which I've had for over a year, got so bad that it hurt to just sit down or walk around. So, after a series of tests I began seeing a chiropractor and learned I had a bulging disk in my lower spine that was pushing on my nerves. Most of the stretches I was accustomed to doing for "the health of my back" were actually making it worse, and a lot of the workouts I did with FB were also making it worse. Turns out squats and dead-lifts were not just hard, they were making my back worse.

I have a lot of fears and frustrations. I have body-image goals I'm afraid I'll never reach. I'm frustrated that I've spent so much time in serious pain thinking that what I was doing was good for my body and back. And I'm annoyed that simple things like doing the dishes or brushing my teeth hurts my back.

However, I am taking it slow. Since beginning to see a chiropractor and learning proper stretches for my back I've had less and less pain. I want so badly to jump back into regular exercise, but I know that if I do I could end up back at square one. I'm frustrated, but I have to really listen to my body right now, otherwise I won't be able to heal. It was recommended to me to try Pilates; once I am ready. And you'll never guess who has a ton of Pilates videos..... FB! I was thrilled to find that out, and am so happy that I can continue to work toward my workout completes, in due time!

Has anyone tried the Pilates videos on FB, and which are your favorite for some gentle, beginner practices?