Mental health is just as important as physical health

4 months ago I started a new job. I was very excited and it offered me a lot of opportunities. Unfortunately, over the past few months, I had issues with my supervisor. I received a lot of push back to ask questions and for training. I'd schedule meetings and I'd get them pushed back. I'd ask questions and then get asked why I am being argumentative. She screamed at me in front of co-workers, like I was a dog. She threatened to fire me twice in the past few weeks. She'd tell me "I can contact the client" and then when I'd contact the client (and there'd be no issues from the client) she'd come to my desk and demand why I talked to the client, then say that she told me not to contact the client. Or she'd say "don't talk to this person" but then the next day as "why didn't you ask this person for help or more work?"

For the past few months I have woken up and thought either "I don't want to go to work" or "what am I going to get yelled at today?" then it turned into crying on my way to work, and crying when I got off work.

My husband and I have been fighting like cats and dogs since sometime in October, and I thought it was because of the transition of him being a stay at home dad and me being the sole income earner. I was very upset with him not supporting my career. I know now that it was me bringing my work stress home.

I did FB Strong over the past month to see if this would help me come out of this depressive funk. I found it was an amazing stress relief. But I would still wake up in the morning not wanting to get out of bed or go to work. I'd like to say I'm at a point where my physical health is in a good place.

I started listening to my body. I started realizing that I was unhappy. When I was told that I was argumentative, defensive and toxic, I was very upset. I know I'm a strong employee. I reached out to my previous boss and coworkers... to see if I am that terrible of a person or employee. And, I received a lot of love and praise. It's not me. I'm not terrible.

So today I decided to speak to my bosses and HR. They did not know my side of things. And we agreed it was my time to leave the company.

Today is the first day that I haven't cried in months. Im financially screwed but I'm happy!