M

1000 Calorie: Rd 2 #WorkoutComplete

Hello everyone!

So, I found time and opportunity and jumped into the Workout Party today :-)

Decided already from the start to go low impact (apart from a few moves where I always find a better rhythm/coordination with the high-impact version; how weird is that?), but still sweated buckets. By the second set of plank-jacks I had to take care not to let sweat trickle in my eyes, lol! Loved the supersets setting for the strength part and could feel a good muscle fatigue even though I was lifting consequently lighter than what I normally do. I found the abs and cardio part cleverly designed to give the muscles a break while at the same time challenging one's endurance, but was at times getting tempted to just lie flat on the mat after the abs section :-D Did several extra stretches at the end of the cooldown, as I found it a bit short (loooove stretching).

I am looking forward to revisiting this one at a time when I can go for high impact, but I'm extremely happy with today's performance. It is the first day of my cycle and whereas in the past I would have spent it bundled up on the sofa, almost like being ill, or at least going from chair to chair, now I felt strong enough to tackle a 1000 calorie workout and get it done. Sure, this has a lot to do with a radical change in circumstances for me that has made life much easier in this respect the last few years, but it also has to do with a change in attitude. I know now that my body can handle a lot and can see and feel it getting gradually stronger, and have learnt to challenge it and actually enjoy the whole process :-) And for this I would like to say a big, sincere thank you to Kelli and Daniel!

Thanks also to Kim for organizing the event and congrats to those who have completed the workout already! To those who have it ahead of them, best of luck and enjoy!