My friend named it “Beachblender”, now it is “Roamblender “.....

I mentioned on here before that I workout with a group of friends two or three times a week on or around the beach. What I didn’t mention is that I am actually the organiser and I plan all the workouts for our group (at the beginning, June this year, they all agreed I did a good job and wanted me to continue doing the planning). I use Fitnessblender a lot to put together our routines. We always start with a warmup and have a cooldown at the end! It usually takes me an hour or more to plan the exercises, trying to get upper/lower body and abs exercises in.

In the summer we worked out on the beach with bottles filled with sand as weights. My best friend then decided to call our group “Beachblender” as I had explained that I love Fitnessblender and have worked out with them for years, and use their website a lot. When we have other people join, like a guy that saw us one day and asked if we were open to new members, I always stress the fact that I am not a personal trainer, that we are just a group of friends who like hanging out together and exercising together. I also mention Fitnessblender and that what I plan is based a lot on their fitness routines and all the information they provide.

When the sand got too cold to lie down on, I planned routines consisting of running around the parks, the promenade, the cliffs, using park benches, steps and walls to do exercises on. My friend then decided to call it “Roamblender “, as we go roaming around the area. We usually work out for about an hour, we run somewhere, do exercises and run on somewhere else do more exercises etc, the average distance we cover is about 5k. We all thoroughly enjoy the group spirit and being outdoors, rain or shine! We natter a lot and have a lot of fun together AND work out hard together. Our numbers vary between three and ten.

The pic was taken one morning when we were still beachblending.... the sunrises are so often so amazing! Well worth getting out of bed for.

I hope that Kelli and Daniel don’t object to our group having “borrowed” part of their name 🤔☺️