Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Need advice on workouts after a LASIK eye surgery

Hi, everyone! I need your help and advice.

I have been short-sighted almost my whole life... I started wearing glasses when I was a kid, in school. I hated it so much... Starting from the age of 13 I changed them to contact lenses. My sight is really bad, and it's always bothered me - how long will I be able to wear lenses safely? Will it impact my eyes in the long run?

And it has... I have recently undergone a check, and it turned out that my eye outer layer is so thinned that I can't even do a regular LASIK (laser) eye correction surgery. And I made up my mind to do Femto-LASIK. That is the newest technology involving a super modern laser device.

Anyway. I will still have a recovery period after the surgery (I am planning to do it at the beginning of January, in about 1-2 weeks). I will obviously have to change my workout regime, take it down a notch, or even stop working out for a while altogether. That is going to be hard for me, as I am so used to it...

Has anyone of you undergone the same surgery (or a similar one)? How long did it take for you to recover and get back to your normal life? And even if you have never done it, could you please give me any suggestions on Low Impact workouts and exercises and I should avoid by all means? What should I do to keep active? Any kind of advice is welcome...

Thank you so much in advance, guys! I am so grateful for your support...