Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, November 16th

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday for some of you)!

How are you all doing today? Are you ready for the weekend?

I know I am! It's the last weekend of prepping before Thanksgiving next week--which means I got some baking to do!

Plus we got more snow last night (you can probably see that in today's pic, where all the jack pines have a nice layer on them now) and we're supposed to get even more over the next few days--so it's gonna be a perfect weekend for baking! I'm so excited!

What about you guys? Any fun weekend plans you're looking forward to?

And what about for today? Are you guys working out today or are you resting?

My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D today is some core work! I'm debating on adding in a little extra kickboxing in there too--but we'll see how I feel later on.

And what about some good food goin on today?

How about some pasta with sausage and pumpkin sauce? Um. Heck yeah! haha. Here's the recipe if you're interested:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229039/pasta-with-italian-sausage-and-pumpkin-sauce/

I use a mixture of Greek yogurt and almond milk in place of the sour cream and half & half, and add in either some peas or broccoli. Serve it with some leafy greens, and oh my! It's a delicious and surprisingly healthy meal! (You can use turkey or chicken sausage too to lower the fat a bit.)

What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?

Alright, now, let's get to our Fitness Friday question!

So, I wanna know: what does fitness mean to you guys?

I know what you're thinking--"duh, Kim fitness means being healthy and active."

And sure, I mean, you're not wrong.

But I wanna know what it means specifically to you?

It could be as straight forward as running a mile in a certain amount of time, or doing so many pushups, or being able to hold a full plank, or something like that.

Or it could be something else entirely.

In one of K & D's vlogs (I don't remember, which one specifically), they say something along the lines of: "there are over 7 billion people on this planet--which means that there are over 7 billion different ways to be fit."

And that really struck me. Because fitness looks different, and means something different, to each one of us.

So for me, fitness means that I am capable of taking care of those that I love. That I can carry my 65 lbs & 85 lbs pups if they ever need me to. That I can help my husband (even though he's bigger than me) should he ever need that help. That I'm strong enough, and healthy enough to be able to physically (and mentally--that's part of fitness too) assist them should they need it. I don't want to ever have something as small as strength, stamina, or endurance be the reason that I'm not able to help them.

I also read somewhere many, many years ago, that being fit isn't about having a six-pack, or a bodacious booty, or running a 6 minute mile; but rather about a feeling. You should feel fit. You should feel spry. And that should apply to every day life. It shouldn't be a struggle to get up a flight of stairs; to bend over to tie your shoes; or to get out of the way quickly if you need too. And I think, that's another really good way to look at a fitness.

So after my long-winded answer, I would like to hear from you guys! What does fitness mean to you specifically, and individually?

I look forward to reading your answers! And thank you all for taking the time to respond!

And with that, I think I'll stop talking! haha

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (or Saturday), and thank you so much for checking in with me! Go out there, and make today great, Fellow Blenders!

Edited