Kelli you do more than just give us work out videos

Sorry for the length... I guess I needed to get it out.

In April of 2017, Fitnessblender highlighted my success story. I'd lost 40 pounds and was the healthiest in my life. In May 2017, I got pregnant with my 2nd child. I had a horrible pregnancy with a lot of issues and couldn't exercise and gained 70 pounds. But I focused on growing my beautiful boy knowing I'd come back to Kelli and Daniel when I could. in January 2018, I delivered a healthy and gorgeous little human. I ran my first race, a 5 mile run on St. Patrick's Day... 8 weeks after delivery. I had my first set back in May when they thought I broke my foot. Then in June while moving my mother, both toes turned black... my first experience with runners toes. I took a break since wearing shoes was so painful. Did another race finally in July. In August, I was training for another race and I had the most severe chest pain I've ever had but I pushed through it and eventually walked the 2 miles home. With my doctor's permission I ran the race that weekend without any issues or pain but haven't run again. Cancelled my next 3 runs.

September, I got "sick". Couldn't breathe. Chest pain. Went to the doctor 6 times. 2 different doctors. Bronchitis, a virus, pneumonia, pain from coughing (never coughed for the record), vocal chord damage causing the pain... those were the random diagnoses received from throughout September and October. The chest pain, shortness of breath stopped me from working out. Hell I couldn't even walk or get dressed without being winded.

Last Wednesday, I went to pick up my kids and deviated from my routine which normally meant picking up my 9 month old last so I didnt have to carry him and his carseat far. Doing so had just become way too much. Because my almost 5 year old son wanted to take his turn playing a game I went to get my youngest... carrying him in his carseat so far proved to be the final straw. I got to the oldest's classroom and turned to leave and simply couldn't. I couldn't walk or breathe... I eventually made myself rush to the car when I could tell I was scaring my oldest. I got in the car and called my hubby to explain I needed to go to the hospital.

Went to the ER and got diagnosed (luckily by the brilliance of a physician assistant) with bilateral pulmonary embolism... I had two significantly large blood clots in each lung and quite a few smaller ones as well. Being a runner, having lost 30 of the pounds I have gained... being 36... the doctors were all confused. How did this happen... they said it is likely due to starting the NuvaRing but that will be confirmed by ruling out the other possibilities with testing over time. I will be on blood thinners for a while and my lungs will need to recover from the death of the lung tissue.

All of this to say, I have no idea how long it will be before I press play again. But I have had Kelli in my head more than once reminding me that she'll be there when I'm ready. I'm focusing on doing whatever I have to do to make sure I'm here for the future with my gorgeous family and when the time comes, I'll be there pressing play again with my FB family.