Setbacks and comebacks

Hello FB!

Sooo, I have finally taken up working out with my favourite family again. I first started to follow K&D videos in 2015 and discovered the joys of a good sweat and burn. Quicker than I thought (just a few months) I was in great shape, soundly hooked to this positively empowering community and lifestyle.

However, with the beginning of 2017 some major life events occured and for a year I had to live in a tiny room with a live-in landlord in the flat. I am not joking or exagerating when I say there was no floor space large enough to fit a rolled out exercise mat... This, put together with an absolute work overload led me to stop working out for over a year. While I tried my best to at least stick to a clean diet, I eventually had less and less time to cook and so the diet also got sloppy at times.

It felt really horrible to see all that hard work of two years slowly but surely melt away. And it was not just the physical appearance aspect, but also the fact that my energy levels sunk, and so the spiral kept spinning downwards.

My life situation has changed now, but it still took me several weeks to pluck up the courage to start all over again... I'm sure I am not the only one to have experienced such setbacks and that's why I wanted to share this little story with you. Because here is where it gets better!

I jumped into some low impact workouts for two weeks and then felt ready schedule FB Abs in my calendar. And oh god, what a relief it was! I discovered that despite the long break my previous hard work did not go to waste! Not only was beginning much easier than it was when I first started working out, but also reaching my former abilities didn't take anywhere as long as I expected! Around half-way through FB Abs I felt like I was really back on my feet, and by the end I was excited to schedule FB Fit2.

So I guess my point is - don't feel intimidated and discouraged when you experience setbacks :) They are an inevitability in our lives. Rather, remember to take good care of yourselves, whether that means not being guilty about falling out of routine, or not hesitating to jump back in when you have space for it again :)

To celebrate my comeback I treated myself to some heavier dumbells and a new mat - Is it normal to look forward to a new level of burn during strength training? :D