N

Birthday present

Back in March when I started with FB, I decided my 45th birthday present would be me being in the best shape I could be. Not too difficult to achieve as I’ve never been in shape 😀 Well I got that present. I’ve increased strength and endurance and in process lost 25lbs. I had to ease up on the high impact the last 2 weeks because of pain associated with varicose veins 😑 but I still met my goal!! I went clothes shopping on my birthday and was pleasantly surprised at what fit (size 26 jeans!)

I took a week off after finishing FB30 to rest my legs, and I’ve started abs round 2. I have to do low impact and modify the squats and lunges, but I’ll make it work while listening to my body. Next goal is to increase core strength and lose some more weight. Holidays are here, so I’m not so worried about scale but want to just stay consistent with FB workouts.

Photos of me in May and now in November. I don’t have any March pictures as I didn’t want photographic evidence of me at my non-pregnant heaviest. I’m very happy with body changes. My shoulders are much more defined, which helps to balance out my lower body. I still carry more weight in thighs than I like (and I probably always will), but I know with consistent effort, I’ll make changes there too. NSV I still need to achieve - push up on toes, pull-up and kick through without hitting myself in the head with my knee!!! It may now take longer to reach these goals as I have to go easy on the high impact, but that’s OK. I’m looking forward to see where I’ll be in March on my FB 1 year anniversary.