Daily Check-in: Tuesday, November 6th

Hello and Good Morning Blenders!

Before I get too into our regularly scheduled check-in today, I want to give a reminder to my Fellow American Blenders: it's voting day! Make sure that if you haven't already, you get out there and vote today! Our democracy only works when we, the people, tell it how to run--and we do that by voting! So get out there, and remind our government that they work for US! Go vote!

And with that, I'll get off my soap box.

(Sorry guys.)

Alright back to today! How are you all doing today?

I have a distinct feeling that I'm going to be sore from yesterday's workout. It was the descending reps lower body workout, and I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to up my weights even more than usual for the 6 rep round. I added an extra 10 lbs from what I would normally use during the 6 rep set to my squats, lunges, curtsy lunges (and calf raises, which I always add into this workout); and an extra 20 lbs for deadlifts and thrusts. I have a feeling I'm going to regret that decision later today haha.

As for today? Are you guys working out, or are you resting?

I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with Day 2 of Strong, which is--you guessed it---upper body strength! Yay! I love upper body work!

And the age-old #eatrealfood question for the day: what's on the menu for today, Blenders?

I'm thinking good ol' fashioned tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. I like this quick and easy tomato soup recipe:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235410/coach-vics-cream-of-tomato-soup/

Except I use unsweetened almond milk and a little Greek yogurt in place of half&half, and add in oregano and paprika.

I really love tomato soup, because I can top it with what ever leftover veggies and such that I have in the fridge. So I'll probably top it off with hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, green onions, a little cheese, black olives, and some greens. Makes for a heartier soup for sure!

Well Blenders, I think I've yammered on enough today! I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in today!

And don't forget to vote!

P.S. I'll put more about our FB Pizza Party: Rd 2 in tomorrow's check-in!