One pan quinoa-chikpeas-veg - Mexican style

Anyone else here is big fan of warm dishses? No matter how much I like quinoa, chickpeas or kale, I just can't eat cold salad type dishes continuously. Also raw kale is just too bitter for my taste. I love my food warm and cooked in various spices, I indeed am a spice queen! ;)

The other day I saw a similar style hot one pan recipe online with quinoa and black beans. So I decided to experiment it in my way. Cooking time was 30 min approximately.

1 cup (approx 130 gm) quinoa

50-60 gm cooked chickpease (I cooked dried ones few days earlier from scratch)

2 bunches of kale roughly chopped

2 medium sized tomatoes diced

1 medium zucchini diced

1/4 of bell pepper diced

a bit of crispy cabbage chopped

1/4 of an onion chopped

Old el paso Mexican burrito spices

salt and pepper to taste

1 Tbspoon olive oil

roughly 300ml vegetable broth (I made at home)

Saute the onions with olive oil in a non sticky pan for few min. Add salt and mexican spice and continue cooking with a little bit of veg broth. Add the chickpeas and simmer with cover for 5-6 min. Add the washed quinoa and continue to cook in medium to low flame. If needed add more broth. Once quinoa looks a bit tender add the rest of the vegetables and mix everything for few min uncovered. Add rest of the broth so that everything is submerged in liquid, Cover and bring it to boil in high flame. Stir another time and bring it to simmer still covered. In another 10 min all the water should be soaked and the quinoa would look fluffy. Close the stove, garnish with green chily and black pepper and keep it on stove covered for another 5-7 min.

Tips:

- You can change the vegetables ratio according to your taste. I would say a bit more kale and cabbage would give more crispy feeling.

- I ate it with avocado on top, it tasted really good. You can also add a hard boiled egg.

- In case you like spicy food as I do: I didn't have jalapeno, but I bet it will be awesome!