Getting bigger

Hi all. This is a combo of a rant and a pep talk. Just trying to wrap my brain around how I feel.

I’m getting bigger while blending. Seriously. Does this happen to any of you guys?!

I began blending about 8 months ago. I started with FB 30 and now am regularly working our 30-60 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week, following programs. I eat 80-90% clean, but struggle with portions. My eating does fall off once and a while but the majority of the time, I estimate I’m eating 1800-2200 calls, mostly clean food.

I threw the scale out shortly after starting FB. I was at the doc’s yesterday and am 213 lbs. I think I was 207 when I started blending. Numbers don’t scare me too much but My biggest issue, I have had to buy sizes bigger in clothes. Like almost 2 sizes. Similar pants/same brand.

I don’t know how I feel about this at all. Is it because I’m lifting and growing my muscles? Will I slim down eventually? I’m okay with being thick and solid and strong, I guess, just didn’t expect it to go down this way. I’m currently tracking cal and macro intake to see what I could tweak. I feel great and love my workout mentality.

Thoughts and advice is appreciated, but mostly, if this has happened to you, please let me know I’m not the only one going wonky here!