Breakfast of Champions!

Typical Saturday morning for #AndrewComplete...get up, take dogs out, put on a pot of coffee, clean up the kitchen a bit (which I should have done the night before), and wait patiently for #chefinthemaking to wake up.

Sometimes she asks what I want for breakfast; sometimes she just starts getting after it. This morning was one of those getting after it mornings.

Shrimp and cheese grits (with an egg to make it “breakfast”).

Shrimp seared (not sautéed) with smoked paprika, garlic, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, and white wine. Garnished with cilantro, diced tomato, bell pepper, and avocado (oh, and a bit of lemon juice squeezed on top at the last minute).

Over-easy egg on top!

Heaven.

But now I need a nap.

P.S. See, I’m getting closer to providing an actual recipe. Today, I followed #chefinthemaking around the house as she was getting ready for work, peppering her (no pun intended) with questions about ingredients until I had a complete list. I feared for my life as she started to lose patience with me distracting her and getting in the way, but that’s the kind of risk I’m willing to take for the #FBFamily!