Tabata week complete!

Well that Tabata is really something! I think each of the workouts is tough enough to make a tough week on its own, let alone FIVE of them in a row. I’m a little bit angry at myself for proposing such a week (and I apologize to you :D) but I’m glad we did it and I think we got much to be proud of!

So congratulations to everyone who tackled either of those workouts this week, and thanks for being a part of this! Huge congrats to Elizabeth, Jacqueline and Malissa, who are already done with the hardest 5 days (at the moment that I’m writing this). Woohooo, great job, ladies!

It’s been much more fun and easier to do it in company. My personal low was day 3 and if it wasn’t for your check-ins and the accountability of doing it publicly, I believe I would have just called it quits (not completely given up, but probably switched the schedule around, improvised, readjusted the initial plan, and now I’m glad I didn’t).

My thoughts on the 8-set format after this week – I utterly admire its effectiveness, I love feeling I’m doing something thoroughly, without rush, like “perfecting it”. I don’t exactly enjoy it the whole time, but it gives a great sense of accomplishment when finished. I would never be able to maintain such intensity (nor would want to) for a longer period of time. So I think the tabata workouts probably work best (for me) as icing on the cake of working out, or a victory lap, from time to time when you turn on your beast mode. Meaning I won’t be doing them back-to-back any time soon, but I’ll look forward to them when they pop up in a program.

Okay then, let’s not forget to reward ourselves with a good choice for Day 6. All options open.

1 - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/bodyweight-cardio-workout-interval-cardio-training (I now think this was a bit too ambitious :) but if you feel like it, wow, kudos to you!)

2 - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/restorative-yoga-pilates-workout-to-improve-mood-and-circulation-relaxing-stretching-workout This will be my choice for today. Let’s pamper our bodies, they deserved it! The video has a wonderful message from Kelli underneath, very worth reading after this full-on week I think (I wanted to insert a quote but couldn’t pick just one sentence).

3, 4, 5… - none of the above, all of the above, total rest day, any workout of your choosing, any non-workout activity of your choosing, whatever it is, enjoy it! And remember to treat yourself kindly after a week of hard work :)

See you guys, and thanks for this joint experience. You rock!

P.S. This post remains open for all #challengecompletes, at any time. But since after today it will probably be seen just by me, I encourage you to make your own celebratory post, you deserve a huge congrats from everyone!