Beef cabbage curry - Bangladeshi style

I personally am not a big fan of cabbage. To me it's hard to give taste to anything cooked with cabbage. But exception is this savory beef curry with cabbage. It's a very popular dish in my home country Bangladesh.

Basically you first saute the onions, garlic-ginger paste, bay leaves, garam masala, salt, ground turmeric, coriander, and paprika for some 10-15 minutes and then add in the washed lean beef cut in medium sized cube. Continue cooking in medium to low flame with cover until the meat leaves water and then evaporates that water again. This way all the spices will enter inside the meat. Once all the meat released water evaporates, add extra water and boil in high flame until the meat is nearly tender. Add the chopped cabbage and continue cooking in medium flame with cover. Once the cabbage is softer, garnish with green chili and ground cumin. It's ready to go with rice or bread.

I used 1/4 of a large crispy cabbage in 350-400gm of meat. You can vary the ratio according to your preferences.