Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Power outage, sore throat and sick kids...

So last Thursday was my rest day in FB Sweat. I started to feel sick with earache and sore throat on Friday and conceded Saturday to take a few days to get back. I made a big pot of chicken and noodle soup and settled in. Saturday night, a tree fell in our back yard and knocked out the power through out our neighborhood. Did not get a great night of sleep that night, got a hotel the next night, came home Monday morning and the power went out again Monday night. Through all of this I was feeling completely run down. Tuesday the power came back, Wednesday I had a sick kiddo at home from school. That brings me to today. I FINALLY made it back. I still don't feel 100% so I took it easy in the HITT with a lot of low impact mods, but I did do the extra credit challenge. Whew!! So good to be back. I just had to keep trying to remind myself that life does this sometimes and not to panic about any loss of progress. Most of the time we are not starting from zero and even if we are, we can always make our way back. It helps to work out because we want to be healthy, strong and to feel good instead of being sort of body obsessed. I have been there and that is when I would start to panic not being able to work out for a week. Now I treat my body with a little more kindness and allow for times like this without treating my body like some kind of traitor. Where ever you are today, at the top of your game or struggling just to get back, treat yourself with kindness.