G
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Meal prep is the bane of my existence

Hi FB fmaily!

First ever community post here. Anyway, does anyone else seem to struggle with meal planning/prepping? Honestly, one of my goals in life is to win the lotto and hire a chef/nutritionist to decide what I eat everyday. Truth be told, I could do the cooking, I just hate the deciding - too many choices.

I also hate having to be in the kitchen for hours on a Sunday trying to prep for the week! Ugh, it is so hard.

I tend to go through a week or 2 of doing great - I'll prep enough food and have enough ideas to get my husband and I through the week, but then we'll run into a busy Sunday, or not prep enough and I just don't want to think about cooking and down the hill we go. Honestly, we don't have the worst diet in the world, we just always seem to find ourselves in the battle of deciding what to eat that's easy. Oh, and that's another thing, I could literally eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and not even blink, but for the love of everything good in this world, I just cannot have the same chicken and vegetables every night of the week - I need variety lol.

Plus, I always seem to have one friend or another doing this meal plan, or this diet and subbing shakes for food (who can actually do that, if I'm eating something I need to eat it, not drink it lol!) trying to push me to try this, that or the other. Anyone out there have any recommendations, help, or assistance to offer?

Thanks for reading my ramblings!