Milestone after resting!

Dear Blenders!

I’m happy to report some progress and I’m even more happy to say that it was after taking it easy for ten days after a program!

So… here’s what happened. I finished FB Bodyweight recently and I was a bit discouraged because my push-ups “didn’t improve”. I could do 5 full before the program, and I could still do 5 after it. (tried two separate times to push for more but couldn’t)

The following 10 days I slowed down a bit, freestyling without a plan while I figure out what to do next, ending up with only 4 WO days in those 10 days.

Today I felt motivated enough for a more serious “comeback”, I have a weekly plan starting with this workout https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-and-abs-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily. When the push-up interval came, I DID 8 FULL PUSH-UPS IN A ROW!!!!! I can’t describe how overwhelmed and happy I was! And totally surprised! I was even fearing that I had lost some of the progress while “slacking” and “procrastinating” last week and a half, and then boom, out of the blue, I can do 8?! Wow!

So I wanted to share this to assure you all, if you are sometimes doubtful like I am, TRUST that you are always rewarded for your efforts even when it doesn’t show at first. Always congratulate yourself for such a great accomplishment as finishing a program, don’t stress about the results immediately, give them time to sink in and give yourself time to decompress.

Keep blending. It IS worth it and you are doing good! :)