K
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Getting over crash diets

So I am finally ready to put my crash dieting phase behind me. I have tried cutting food groups, eating little to nothing, and obsessing over calories. None of that has worked. I'm still where I started in February. I have absolutely no problems working out. In fact, I love it and watching myself get stronger. But I can never lose much fat because I have always ended up pigging out at the end of the day after trying so hard to eat less.

So I'm done telling myself I have to eat less. I don't have to eat less food, just better food! And the thing is I absolutely love fruit and eating clean food makes me feel so energized. But the minute I decide I'm not allowed to have chocolate, that's all I want! Now I'm going to make the decisions as they come, choose foods based on how they make me feel, and remember how good some of the healthiest foods taste! Chocolate is not the only delicious thing 😂

So does anyone have any advice I start this new journey? About keeping the right mindset after having such a warped one for so long? About limiting portion sizes without feeling deprived? About resisting sugar cravings? Any healthy snack ideas? I would love any advice I can get! This is new territory for me.