E

Help! My life has been hijacked. #prodigalblender

Once upon a time, I was discouraged because I was unemployed. I sweated my sadness away with Fitness Blender, connected with awesome people through hosting a sugar detox challenge, sharing workouts; I posted nearly every day and regularly commented on other Blender posts.

O ye good ole days...

Once upon a now, I am still sweating away, but I am no longer sad. I AM, however, insanely busy. With work, studying for GRE (general and subject. ugh), drafting drafting drafting revising revising revising my personal statement for grad school applications, figuring out WHERE I want to apply, meeting with professors, maintaining connection to local community and family and friends, and long-distance friends, reading for pleasure, studying for pleasure, andddd keeping up with the business to-dos of adulting.

I am thriving and truly enjoying life, but I am non-stop which means after I hit the workout complete buttons, I am gone with the wind, my friends! I do miss you all, especially my detox group. Waaahh! I have been failing MISERABLY at the dine-at-home challenge, but I have eaten out of home for the last three days so here's to revving up some momentum!

My fitness progress had slowed due to a few weeks of extracurricular indulging, but now that the chaos of my life is becoming more orderly, so have my eating habits and I am seeing a slight pick-up. Sugar addiction has been held at bay and cravings are still in the grave!

Due to my position being super flexible, it has been hard to outline and enforce some boundaries at work. There are no hard-set hours (I set my own), which means it is easy to push things around because of spontaneous meetings, personal and enjoyable conversation amongst colleagues, "real quick" tasks asked of me that were not on my roster. Last week, I had a conversation with my colleague about it and stressed the importance of time management for myself and shared some ways that I can be most productive. He was incredibly supportive and agreed that boundaries are important and I must set mine and enforce them or they'll be trampled. Starting my day working in solitude has been a key factor in a less frazzled brain and productivity. Also, saying no to spontaneous meetings and requesting they be scheduled instead. This week has been MUCH better. As you might imagine, asserting boundaries has caused SOME tension with other colleagues, but it is healthy and they will adjust. I honestly am not losing any sleep over it! I slept great! Which is why I have been up since 5am, and have the time to write you now :D

Okay, this is my update! I do endeavor to post more often (with less words). Thank you to Tracy for reaching out through one of my other posts to check in on me :)

Have a wonderful Thursday, Blenders!