J

HIIT vs Superset lifting

I have a question and I thought what better group to bring it to than my Blender Buddies!

While I do not like to wear fitness trackers for multiple reasons (including inaccuracies!), I tried it for a week and was surprised to find that my lifting (superset) workout brought my heartrate even higher than my HIIT routine! I was pushing HARD in both, so I don’t think it’s from a lack of effort on my HIIT.

My question is this…someone that shall remain nameless is pushing 40 and HIIT / high-impact plyometrics can be pretty stressful on the ‘old bod so is HIIT even needed?!? What are the benefits that you can’t get from lifting supersets? Range of motion and functional movement are certainly covered with the lifting videos. Cardio is also covered…so I’m just wondering what y’all think. I like HIIT sometimes, but I enjoy lifting even more. I’ll add that I’m not trying to lose weight, so HIIT to get rid of fat isn’t my goal. I want fun/happy, strength/cardio healthy workouts!

I want to finish by saying how much I like this community! We really cheer on each other and offer the best advice/support we can.

Thanks!