Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

How much to lift??

First week of having my adjustable dumbbells and I am LOVING them, however I am struggling a little to change weight inbetwen intervals. Kelli goes by lbs, but my weights are kgs only, so I’m having to listen to what Kelli is using, convert the lbs to kgs on my chart and then turn the dials on the weights, and I run out of time I don’t have any active rest.

I’m currently writing a list telling me what to use weight wise depending on what I’m doing. E.g 7kg per hand for a dumbbell pullover, 5.5kg per hand for a bicep curl. I know it will change in a couple of months as I get stronger but I feel this is the best thing to do so I’m not in a panic rush every workout.

Does anyone else do this? And (I know everyone’s different) but can anyone share what weights they use for squats, deadlifts, curtesy lunges etc etc I don’t want to lift too heavy but I want to lift enough to challenge myself.

I’ve been working out for around 8 months - I’m pretty confident I have really good form as I’ve only had small weights so I’ve had the chance to perfect my form before upping weight. So now it’s a matter of getting the weight correct

Thank you :-)