Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, September 28th

Hello and Happy Friday (or Saturday!) Blenders!

Here's another Fall photo for ya today! The colors are really starting to show on the trees! (Just ignore the power line in the middle of all that. lol) Hope you don't mind me sharing!

So how are you all doing today?

Hopefully glad it's almost the weekend?

And are you working out today, or are you resting?

I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with my final day of Abs Rd2! It's a HIIT/core blend with Daniel. I very much enjoyed this Program, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a new Program to start. The workouts average about 40 minutes a day (I think?), and while centered around abdominal work, it's definitely a full-body program! There's HIIT, strength training for both upper and lower body, plenty of core workouts, and stretching too! So if you're looking for a new Program to try, give Abs Rd2 a go, and let me know what you think of it, or if you try it too! I would love to hear from you!

Alright guys, so lets talk about our Kick A$$ Community Challenge! So the voting from yesterday shows that you all want it to start the week after next; Monday, October 8th through Friday, October 12th. I'll be honest, I didn't get time yesterday to get anything put together yet. So I'm hoping to have a few different schedules put together to vote on by Monday (since I got a little more time to work on it?). Thanks for your patience, and thanks to Raven for this wonderful idea! The credit is all her's and I hope she doesn't mind me hijacking the planning of this challenge!

So now: Let's talk this Fitness Friday's question! I wanna talk about wellness today. So my question is: What is something recently that has made you happy, or just feel good overall?

It could be something in relation to fitness (i.e. you received a compliment from someone noticing all your hard work, or maybe you've been able to do a move that you've struggled with for a while, or maybe you're just happy with the consistency and motivation you've found recently.)

Or it could be non-fitness related. Anything to do with work, family, pets, hobbies, food, the outdoors....Possibilities are endless!

I've got 2 things, one kinda of fitness-related, and one not.

The first thing that made me feel good was actually discovered by accident. Ok, so I didn't do laundry (don't judge me haha). I was down to the "back of the dresser" clothing (you know what I mean 😉). So that meant I only had pants to wear that I haven't worn in years because they didn't fit anymore (why didn't I just get rid of them?!). Well, when you're outta options, you gotta try those jeans on, and surprise, surprise, they fit! Loosely! This shocked me because I went to the doctor recently, and weighed in heavier than I have in years. So having those pants fit made me feel good, because as much as I want to escape it, I'm human, and still prone to vanity.

The second thing is waaayy more important and makes me waaaayy happier than the first thing. My girl dogs! And I guess that guy that lives with me that I call "husband" 😉😝. It was such a simple thing, but the other night hubby was grinding meat for dinner. And the girls know what it means when the grinder is out (we often get lamb hearts and livers and make dog food for them), so of course they "help" when meat needs ground. So hubby's in the kitchen, grinding meat, singing a random song, and the girls were sitting (well, my 4-legged one was sitting, while my 3-legged one was standing and leaning against the 4-legged one) patiently waiting next to him, eagerly hoping that he would drop something. This made me wish my little buddy was here to join them, but also watching my hubby and my girls made me think: "This is my happy place."

Wherever they are, that's my happy place.

So Blenders, let's make this a Feel-Good Fitness Friday, and tell me what makes you happy?

Well. That was quite the post. I apologize for the long-winded responses and all that rambling today! But I do look forward to hearing all about what makes you guys smile!

I hope you all have a fantastic day today, and thanks so much for checking in with me (and for sticking it out through this long post haha)!