National Fitness Day

So apparently it’s national fitness day? I obviously couldn’t choose one quote, so here are two.

The first one is light hearted - you might not want to workout today, you might not want to be sore tonight. But think of the gains! How good you will feel after that butt-kicking workout. Every step counts, every workout is another step forward, every day you will get stronger. You might not see results straight away, maybe not within a few weeks. But think about 6 months time when you can look back and see how far you have come just because each day you have thought ‘I can do this’

This leads me into the second quote, this one is important because it couldn’t be more accurate. Fitness does NOT decide that you are better or worse than someone else. Never compare yourself to others. You are your own person, you know your own strengths and weaknesses. No two people have the same. You won’t reach your goals by comparing your fitness journey to another’s journey. We are each on our own paths, but as long as we come together to keep each other motivated, we can all reach our own goals. Never feel intimidated by somebody else’s story, think about what you want to achieve, how you are going to achieve it and don’t forget to take a moment to look back and see how far you have come.