Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, September 21st

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday) to you all!

How are you all doing today?

I'm a touch sore in my upper body from yesterday's workout; so it's probably a good thing that today is a lower body day! And not just any lower body workout, but my favorite lower body workout! So my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D is this video today:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-and-butt-and-thigh-workout-hiit-and-strength

I'm so excited!

What about you guys? Are you working out today or are you resting?

Ok, let's get right to it with today's Fitness Friday question!

Alright, so we all have pet peeves about health and fitness, right? Whether it's the latest fad diet or that thing about a "Toblerone triangle" (like, seriously, what even is that?!) or something else entirely.

So that's part 1 of today's question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to health and fitness?

Now comes the hard part, part 2: What can you take out of that pet peeve to make something positive?

...Not so easy is it? haha It's definitely easier to go into a full-blown rant over something that you find irritating vs making it into a positive.

But that's what I'm challenging you all with today!

Here's my pet peeves (I have 2 big ones) as examples.

1. Misinformation. Or what I call "fad information." Where someone has found an out-of-the-box, not necessarily scientifically backed method of weight loss or exercise, and they promote it as factual, and almost as the "only way to lose weight and be healthy." This irks me to no end. But. What I can take from this, is to always do my research. To try to trace sources all the way back to peer-reviewed scientific publications if I can. To not get caught up in the latest "thing" and to keep true to what health and wellness really means.

2. "Bulky". Oh, how I loathe the term "bulky." Maybe not so much the word itself, but rather in how it's used. Like it's something dirty, that women in particular want to avoid at all costs. I'm over-sensitive to this, because, let's face it, I'm bulky. So when someone says "I don't want to be bulky", I hear that as "I don't want to look like you." Even if it's not meant as a personal insult, I still take it as one. So that's something I need to work on. To let that go, and get over it. And when someone calls me "bulky," to understand that it means I have noticeable muscle. So now, I'm gonna say "thank you for noticing!" in response to "you're bulky." To get overly dramatic about it, it's like what Tyrion from "GOT" says: "Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."

So these are some things that I need to work on in regards to my fitness pet peeves. And I hope that kind of clarifies the questions I am asking today? I know it's a thinker, and kinda tough, but it's also good to be challenged a bit, yes?

Well Blenders, I look forward to seeing your responses, and the things that kind of bother you fitness-wise, and how you can tune it out or overcome it. Thanks for taking part in the Fitness Friday question today! And I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!