K
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Reducing Calories the Healthy Way

So I have been working out off and on for a couple months now but just this past month I started FB Sweat and love it!

But it has only been the past week and a half or so that I have finally gotten the motivation to really reduce my calorie intake. I got a calorie counting app and have been pretty consistent! But tonight after washing my hair I noticed that it was falling out WAY more than usual. I am EXTREMELY hair health conscious and do more to take care of my hair than any other part of me so needless to say I was pretty freaked out. Considering I have never had this big of an issue with shedding, I immediately knew to start thinking about what I have changed in my life recently that may have caused it. I am used to working out because I have done it this regularly before and I am a full time college student with 2 jobs so stress is nothing new to me but I have never noticed any changes in my hair from those things. The inly other thing I know of that it could be is my recent calorie reduction.

I really don't want this to be the culprit because I am finally seeing real changes in my body since I've committed to eating less, but in the end I just want to be healthy. I am a 5'3, 135 lb female in my early 20's. I have tried very hard to find accurate info about how many calories I should consume to lose body fat (not much, just about 3 or 4 inches off my waist so I can begin toning up). I thought I had found the perfect balance and was on track to reach my goal over a span of a couple months so I thought it was a healthy number, but apparently it wasn't. I have been taking in around 1230 calories along with FB workouts 5 days a week for only the past 2 weeks or so and am already seeing these warning signs. But it seems like if I don't reduce my calories this much, I never see any changes in my body.

Can anyone please help me figure out a healthy place to set my calorie intake to still lose this bit of body fat?