Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Upper body toning

Hey, guys, the topic I would like to cover today is all about upper body.

More than two years ago I used not to work out at all my upper body until I found the #FBabs program and understood that it's crucial to train all the muscles of the body. So, since then I've been doing FB's upper body workouts 1-2 times a week and they are quite effective, so that I've reshaped my upper body a lot. Now it looks much more toned and you can guess I am a working-out-person at the first sight. The first part of the problem is that I progressively add the weight I'm lifting, and naturally I am starting to get a lil bit bigger, and I want to avoid it. I want to be as much toned as possible, it's okay if my shoulder/bicep muscles are visible, but I prefer not to grow them anymore. So my question is if it would be more effective to start working out with lower/the same weight but with higher reps?

My second question is about the exercises: FB workouts mainly target the biggest muscles and when I look at my upper body in the mirror I can notice that there are some parts that are not developed enough: latissimus dorsi, infraspinatus and teres. I would like to ask you to suggest movements that tone those muscles. I don't mean I wanna grow them like Greg Plitt did /btw I am a huge fan of him/, the problem is that there's a lil bit of fat there and I want to get rid of it.

Thanks for the attention, and please, sorry for my poor english :D