3 month progress - FB30 & FB Abs 2

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to finally be sharing some progress pics with you. They are exactly 3 months apart - June 11 (first day of FB30) to September 11 (last day of FB Abs 2). I am so pleased with the results! I made sure to keep everything relaxed (except for my biceps - couldn’t resist flexing there!)

A bit of a long post coming up with my story, so here’s a summary:

Before: 151lbs, 38.5/30.3/41in

After: 149lbs, 38/28/40in

Not much change to my diet, just more vegetables and less fatty cuts of meat, chips etc., and better portion control.

And the long version…

I had gained about 12 pounds over 6 months when I started, because of bad eating habits and a lack of exercise. The Chicago winter really took its toll, as I usually bike everywhere and got my exercise that way. But I had started school at a new location that was too far, and once the snow hit, my bike went into hibernation. So did my body apparently: all I could do was eat potato chips and fried chicken, and if I attempted a diet I wouldn't last more than a week.

My sister told me about Fitness Blender in April and I was intrigued. When I came back from a vacation in June, I started working out every day and quickly fell in love. This is saying something, because I've always hated exercise with a vengeance (also, I hate to tell my sister she's right because she loves to boss me around, haha!).

I really took Kelli & Daniel's advice to heart over the last 3 months. Here are some things I’ve learned:

- Do not trust the scale. They are so right when they tell us this. My weight went from 151lbs (first pic), to 153 after the first two weeks all the way through FB30. I started to get really discouraged and decided not to weigh myself until I’d gone through FB Abs 2. I am 149 lbs in the second picture. It clearly isn’t a reliable way to judge one’s progress! I lost over 2in from my waist - a much more satisfying result.

- Set longterm goals. I had to examine my emotions when the scale was pissing me off. Did it mean I was going to give up? Was I going to go into an extreme diet? No. By this time I had felt how regular exercise and sensible eating was improving my mood and energy. And like K&D say: it didn’t take me 2 weeks to get here, it’s not going to take 2 weeks to reap all the benefits. So I committed to doing FB for 6 months, no matter what the results were along the way. That gave me a sense of calm and helped with motivation. Another longterm goal is not to get osteoporosis after menopause - as I’m turning 29 next month, that’ll keep me going for a while!

- Eat to nourish your body and feel good (in the words of Kelli “The Storm” Segars). My eating habits weren’t really that bad, it was just a matter of eating more vegetables, and swapping out healthier options that are just as tasty. I’ve learned delicious recipes with chicken breast, and make sure I never get super hungry so I make unhealthy choices. Not just for fat loss purposes: it really does feel better.

Now I am SUPER EXCITED to start FB Strong on Monday. I fell in love with strength training during FB30 and was going to do it next, but then they had the sale and I bought Abs 2 after reading rave reviews. So my anticipation is really high! I know I’m going to love it.

Finally, thank all of you for being such a wonderful and supportive community. You’ve been a huge part of my success, even if you didn’t know it. You are the wind beneath my wings!

Okay, that’s long enough now. Sorry for the wordy rant! This is why I don’t post too much on the board, haha!

Love you guys, and keep it up,

Vera

At first I was still weighing myself a couple of time a week, and getting discouraged. My weight went from 151 lbs in the first picture, to 153 after the first two weeks. It stuck there and was pissing me off! After seeing that the 8 weeks had shown results despite this, I vowed not to weigh myself again until I'd finished my next program. I'm 148.8 lbs in the second picture