C

Better workout performance after 1 month of rest

I have been working out for almost 2 years with Fitness Blender. For the past month, I completely stopped working out due to falling behind in my studies. Today I restarted working out and was not very looking forward because I thought I was going to find the workout really hard after stopping for a month. Instead, I felt that I performed REALLY WELL, like I never stopped at all. In fact, I felt like I did better than I did just before I stopped for my 1-month break (my legs used to hurt really bad but I think it was because I was doing too much HIIT because they felt really tired and over-worked).

I am not sure whether what I feel is just in my imagination or whether it is actually possible to feel more energised and ready for a workout after resting for a month or more. I do know that resting is very important for the body and that you need a day or two per week of resting, but in my opinion, one month is not comparable to 1 or 2 days per week, so I found my experience really unexpected (in a positive way of course ! :D)

Thank you for any tips! :)