E

Dine at Home: Hummus Orzo Pasta Salad

This is a new favorite. Yes, this is my second pasta meal, but it keeps me full longer and I usually eat something light for meal #2. I am in the market for cold dish recipes I can pack and eat anywhere anytime, so if you have any — pls share! 😄

What you see is a combination of orzo pasta lightly coated with grey poupon and sprinkled with salt; feta cheese, red onion, parsley drenched in lemon juice, marinated artichoke hearts (from a jar); all topped with plain hummus and drizzled with apple cider vinegar; chilled in the refrigerator for a couple hours.

Oh...my...goodness. DELICIOUS and very filling. I also packed some nuts, an apple, and kettle potato chips. And had some homemade banana bread (by Mom) with Nutella for a treat! 🤭🤫

Today I am aiming for more vegetables (and no Nutella lol), but I am rocking this challenge so far! It feels good to eat of my own preparation. And to experience appetite and tastebud fulfillment. Next time I’ll add quinoa and spinach to the salad. Quinoa is high in protein yet very light, so I try to sneak it in as many dishes as possible. Lol

😊 Go forth and conquer, Blenders! Today I am incredibly sore, so I will be conquering a flexibility routine tonight before bed 🤪