Shout Out to Kelli!

Good morning (afternoon and evening too) y'all from Atlanta Georgia. As the month comes to a close and I'm looking at my full FitnessBlender "Workout Complete" calendar, I couldn't help but wonder, as I do often, how Kelli is doing these days.

I just want to say that we miss you Kelli..and you too Daniel...and that there is rarely a day that goes by that I'm not eternally grateful for FB and all that you do. You have made working out fun AND affordable and have literally changed...and SAVED...lives. Yes, saved lives...and I am not being hyperbolic either.

Seriously...making it a habit to move your body and eat healthy not only makes us feel good on a daily basis, but it certainly reduces the risks of all sorts of health issues from depression to heart disease and even cancer, diabetes, hormonal imbalances, and dementia.

Just reducing the risk of falling with functional and balancing exercises can mean the difference between aging gracefully and an injury that can diminish one's quality of life (I have watched it happened with my mother, who went from a very healthy independent 82 year old to someone with chronic back issues and now, dementia, breathing problems, depression, and more...ALL stemming from a bad fall)

On a personal note, as I approach my 53rd birthday and have been w FB now for about 4-5 years, I am stronger than ever. From rebounding from hip surgery in 2 WEEKS and amazing my docs (2.5 yrs ago), to being able to keep up with my 28 year old son and DIL in Chicago this summer, logging about 10 miles a day of walking, I am forever grateful. I still do workouts on this site that 20 and 30 year olds are scared of! And I also do more "functional" types of routines to also challenge my brains and balance abilities, two things that are even more important than ever as we get older.

Don't get me wrong...my abs are strong and defined, as are my biceps and quads...but ultimately, my goal now is more about remaining strong and independent into my 80s, 90s, and beyond, if that kind of longevity is in my future. I spend a LOT of time w my mom, who lives in an assisted living home near me, and trust me, seniors are not commiserating over poochy bellies and fitting into jeans; but they DO value being able to eat, use the bathroom, communicate, and move around as independently as possible.

Ideally we all just want to control our lives and destinies and physical and mental fitness is a cornerstone of that.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to reach out and say howdy and that Kelli, Daniel, and all the FB staff are valued and appreciated, and that I know I'm not alone in hoping Kelli is on the mend and better and stronger than ever soon.

Would love to hear an update or any other encouraging and/or inspirational comments here!

Have a great week and holiday weekend everyone!

~Lisa