E

First sweet post-detox... Celebratory! 😋

In celebration of being employed — as of Wednesday — I decided to celebrate with a friend and a pastry, yesterday. A high-quality, melt-in-your-mouth, slap-ya-mama pastry! And, it was every bit worth it. What I loved is it wasn’t excruciatingly sweet. The softest bread you’ve ever eaten had a hint of sweetness and the custard was light and only mildly sweet as well. It was perfect.

Later on that night, I was thinking over my day and realized that I hadn’t had any cravings or obsessive thoughts about food or sugar afterward. I had actually forgotten about the sweet. I am in such a good place! And, I am so aware of how easily one can slip back into old habits. My birthday is in October and I honestly can’t think of a reason why I should indulge again between now and then, but I’m not going to make it a challenge. I’m just going to keep in mind my goals and being intentional with indulgences, rather than impulsive. I like how I feel and nothing is worth disrupting the balance I’ve developed. I’m going to another potluck tonight and I believe I absolutely can withstand the temptation I know will be there.

As for the job, it’s an administrative director position and, additionally, I’m looking to build out my content writing portfolio as a freelancer, on the side. I am also in the process of applying to graduate school so I’m grateful to have the means to fund that 🙂🙃 Busy life happening! But, I am grateful bc it’s been sloooow since May. Lol

🗣Have a wonderful weekend, Blenders 💐🎶

PS — I’ll announce our next challenge, soon!