Go to your happy place - and bring Fitnessblender with you!

Hello Blenders!

Some of you might remember from my last post that I was having problems with my internet connection. Well, it's finally fixed! *cue the happy dance*

The reason why I'm writing today is that I'm back from my vacation at the seaside, and I'm happy to say I had a wonderful time :D I love swimming and I love water but in the last few years I let my self-consciousness about my body get the better of me, thus avoiding the beach like the plague. Stupid, right? Well, I wasn't about to repeat such a mistake again this year!

I put on my bikini (terrifying thing, that), walked to the beach (even more terrifying) and went for a swim. And you know what? As soon as I was in the water, magic happened; I didn't care about my still imperfect body, or what other people might think. I just swam and enjoyed the moment. As I said, it was magic itself.

I'm also proud to say I worked out while on vacation. I wrote down the exercises of a few bodyweight videos and did them on the beach in the early mornings. Me, working out in public? I'd never thought I had it in me! One day a runner stopped while I was doing a HIIT routine and he said: "Now, THAT is working out!"

In-between work-outs and swimming, there were a lot of late nights, dancing, eating the best ice-cream ever, bonfires on the beach, cook-outs, parties, games and singing... You know, the usual vacation routine, right? ;)

If I had such fun, it's also because of Fitnessblender and this community. I'm learning to be positive and find joy in every little thing. Many here shared their struggles with body image, and I'm happy to say I'm overcoming mine also thanks to your words and your encouragement. You taught me that, whatever we do, we can't let our negative thoughts prevent us from enjoying the things we love.

Have a great week-end, everyone!