Ever encountered “star lunge jumps”?

Me neither. Until today :D And yes, they are a combination of jumping lunges and star jumps. Yikes!!!!

So I’ve come to the LAST day of FBAbs2 (yaaaay) and received a perfect farewell gift in form of a workout that became a new favorite. This one https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-and-abs-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily

I realized two things:

1) You really CAN do anything for 20 seconds! (ok, except windshield wipers but I decide to blame the mat for that)… I’ve heard that expression a lot of times but today I finally put it to use. The quick tempo and “bored easily” format proved to be exactly the setting to try out that logic because you know you are only doing each exercise once so you might as well give it all you got. I did full side hip raises (from my feet and not knees) for the first time!! And lasted the entire set (of 20 seconds lol, but still it’s more than ever for me). I tried (and somewhat succeeded) those crazy star lunge jumps even though I often substitute even regular jumping lunges for just lunges (AND star jumps for jump squats). I tried lizard hops! Not gonna tell you how it went :) but at least I tried instead of substituting for mt. climbers.

2) Every now and then when all the ingredients mix in just the right measure, in a strange and unique set of circumstances… HIIT CAN be fun!! :O I know! Who would have thought? I started this workout with just an ordinary “let’s get this over with” attitude. Turned out I literally did HIIT with a smile on my face! And even more so in the second half when I expected to be totally wiped out. I have no idea what happened and why, I just know I felt like a kid with endless energy to bounce around. I just flew and so did the time ;)

In the calendar description for the last day of program they say “Sincere congrats on completing FB Abs; we hope you feel good, and accomplished.” and I want to say here on the forum THANK YOU, Kelli and Daniel, for this wonderful program and every single workout in it, I absolutely feel good and accomplished!!