E

DAY 26 Sugar Detox! 😱 Literary inquiry/topic of brain “food”

FOUR DAYS LEFT! 😃 💃🏽

I find it useful to chat about non-challenge related topics bc I’m interested in getting to know y’all beyond our fitness goals annnnnd, this lifestyle is starting to feel like the norm which means its novelty has worn off — which, to me, is a good thing!

That being said, are any of y’all readers? I am an avid reader and I’m always curious what genres other people I know, or am getting to know, are interested in. I am a fiction an nonfiction reader, but I lean heavily toward fiction. I don’t have a favorite genre, but I do have a favorite era which is 16-19th and mid-20th century literature. I am currently reading Age of Reason (1945 France) by Jean-Paul Sartre. Henry David Thoreau’s “Walden” (1854) is a favorite NF and I am also a closeted Harry Potter fan — closeted mainly bc I don’t like to be associated with the cultural obsession and hysteria. Lol. I also recently enjoyed “The Clothes on Their Backs” (2008) by Linda Grant. CS Lewis, Mary Norton, and Virginia Woolf’s “Mrs Dalloway” are some British favorites.

Anywho, I could go onnnn and on 😊 If you’re not a reader, how do you prefer to feed your brain?

Hurrah to the weekend! You’ve got this! 🙅🏽‍♀️🙊🥧🚫😌